Click on the question for an answer or additional information. Click on the question again to close.
Notary Renewal and Appointments Information
To renew an existing notary or obtain a new notary, you must first go to the Kentucky Secretary of State website to complete the application. After your notary application is approved by the Secretary of State, contact our land records department at 859 292-3845 to make an appointment to finalize your paperwork and be sworn in. Remember, you must have a surety bond from an approved insurance company.
Open Records Policy
Open Records Requests will be processed according to the following policy:
- A request should be submitted in writing, and will need to include the following elements:
- The name, address, and signature of the person submitting the request.
- A description of the records to be copied or inspected.
- A phone number and/or email address is not required, but may be helpful in processing your request.
- Statement regarding residency asserting that the requester meets one of the following:
- A domestic business entity with a location in Kentucky; or
- A foreign business entity registered with the Kentucky Secretary of State; or
- An individual that is employed and works at a location in Kentucky; or
- An individual or business entity that owns real property within Kentucky; or
- An individual or entity that has been authorized to act on behalf of an individual or business entity listed above; or
- A news gathering organization as defined in KRS 189.635(8)(b)1a to 1e.
Submitters may also use the form promulgated by the OAG per 61.876(5).
- The request should be sent to the Campbell County Clerk, 1098 Monmouth St., Newport, KY, 41071 during regular office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.). The request may be hand-delivered, mailed, sent via fax to (859) 292-3887 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A determination will be made within five (5) working days from the date an application is received (excepting Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays) regarding approval of the request, and the requestor will be notified in writing of the decision within the five (5) day period.
- Applicants requesting copies of public records for a commercial purpose (KRS 61.874) must provide a certified statement to the Campbell County Clerk stating the commercial purpose for which the records will be used. If approved, applicants will be required to enter into a contract with the Campbell County Clerk. The contract will state the fee required by the Campbell County Clerk to produce the copies, including labor and production costs.
- Certain items may be excluded in whole or in part if they contain exempted information as prescribed under KRS 61.878.
- The Campbell County Clerk’s office is funded by collecting statutory fees. Accordingly, copies of records are first subjected to the fee schedules established by KRS 64.012 and KRS 64.019. Otherwise, copies will be charged at:
- Non-commercial document requests $ .50 per copy
- Non-commercial recordings, computer disks, tapes $5.00 per copy
- All fees, including postage if necessary, must be paid in advance.