Corporate Records

All document filings at the County Clerk’s office that pertain to Real Estate must include a Property Identification Number (PIDN) and a Group number for the relevant properties.

Articles of Incorporation for Business and Non-Profit Corporations
For Private Corporations and Non Profit Corporations

The document must be:

Executed by one of the offices authorized in KRS271B.1-200(6) and KRS273.252
Document must be filed with the Secretary of State FIRST
The clerk is presented one exact or conformed copy having the stamp of the Secretary of State
Filing Fees

Assumed Names
AKA (Also Know As) DBA (doing business as) or Fictitious Name Filing.

The document must have:

The name being assumed
The real name and address of the individual or entity assuming the name. A domestic general partnership must include the real name of each partner
The document must be filed in county where the entity is deemed a resident under provisions of KRS355 (see KRS355.401 for specific requirements).
Assumed names may or may not have a Preparation Statement (KRS 382.335). The document must be executed per KRS365.015 as follows:
The document must be executed as follows

Individual – by the individual
Partnership – by at least one authorized partner
Limited liability partnership – by at least one partner authorized to do so by the partners
Limited partnership – by a general partner
Limited liability company – by a member or manager authorized to act for the limited liability company
Business trust – by the trustees
Corporation – by a person authorized to act for the corporation
Filing Fees

Assumed Name Renewals
Assumed names are effective for 5 years from the date of registration and can be renewed by filing a renewal certificate 6 months prior to the expiration or renewal date. The filing requirements are the same as for the original.

Filing Fees

Assumed Name Withdrawal
Assumed name withdrawals are done in a similar manner per KRS365.015, section 4 with the additional information of “date the original was filed” as a requirement.

Filing Fees

Declaration of Trust
The document must have the following:

The individual(s) who is establishing the trust
The name of the trust and/or the trustee
The Trustee(s)
Preparation Statement
The clerk shall request a return mail address.

The document may or may not be notarized.

Filing Fees

Partnership agreements or certificates are filed with the Secretary of State first, then with county clerk.

The document must have:

The stamp from the Secretary of State on it in order to be filed at the county level
The person presenting the partnership to the Secretary of State should present two copies–one is filed there and one stamped as having been filed
This copy is then recorded at the County Clerk’s office in the county where the partnership maintains an office
Filing Fees