NOTE: You may change your political party affiliation at any time after the May primary election through December 31st to remain eligible to vote in the following May primary election.
The application must be completed, mailed, and received by the County Clerk prior to 7 days before the election.
Voters unable to get to the polls on Election Day are eligible to vote by paper absentee ballot. You must meet one of the following requirements:
- Due to advanced age, disability, illness, or medical emergency
- You are a member of the Armed forces
- You are a dependent of a member of the Armed forces
- You are a student attending school outside the county of your voter registration
- You temporarily reside outside the state but are still eligible to vote in Kentucky
- You are incarcerated in jail and have been charged but not convicted of a crime
- You may request an application for the paper ballot in person, by mail, by phone, or by fax.
Once the Clerk receives the application, the paper ballot will be sent to the voter. Please allow ample time for your ballot to be returned to you & to be mailed back to the clerk to be received by 6 p.m. on Election Day.
Voting by Absentee Machine
Voter must have an I.D.
If you are going to be out of town on Election Day and you do not qualify for a paper ballot, you may vote on an absentee machine in the County Clerk’s office at least 12 days prior to the election. For more details contact the Campbell County Clerk at (859) 292-3885.